Great learning and development opportunity with a global organization in the supply chain industry; primary focus in overall work process in domestic and international logistics and transportation and understanding the business and components that are critical to ensuring company and customer success.
- Focus will be placed on inside sales, customer service and operations
- Location – Platinum Cargo logistics 5181 Ward Road Suite 100, Wheat Ridge CO 80033
- Full or Part-Time Positions Available – Start date January 2022
- Paid Internships – $15.00/hour
Established in 2007, Platinum Cargo Logistics Inc. is a fast-growing leader in the freight-forwarding, transportation, and logistics industries. We provide customers in North America and worldwide with expedited air, ground, and ocean heavyweight shipping services, in addition to project management, reverse logistics, warehousing and distribution, custom brokerage and compliance, and logistic services. Platinum Cargo Logistics also designs customized solutions to tailor-fit customer-specific needs.
At Platinum Cargo Logistics, we are deeply committed to our customers, partners, and employees. We have the highest professional standards and provide Platinum Service with every shipment we deliver.
We believe in opportunity for diversity within our team- we encourage a diverse workforce -many different perspectives with one mutual goal!
Our CEO Diana Bomar was recently named to the Forbes “50 Over 50” list.
We have defined our vision over the next 5 years to double our current run rate. To do this, we will need many things to happen…most importantly, we will need the talent to support the goal. In our industry we have had great success working with interns for their education and learning as well as creating potential long-term opportunities for employment!
- Initial phase learning of daily routines and how we manage a transaction
- Domestic (air/ground)
- International (air/ground/ocean)
- Understanding the process for a perfect shipment
- Administration process (pre-shipment qualification)
- Physical flow – cargo movement (options and alternatives)
- Routing and pricing for shipments worldwide
- Accounting processes (BRIC)
- Working with teams in both domestic and international operations
- Coordinate and develop project plans as needed
- Customer service
- Inside sales
- Information reporting to field operations
- Monthly Senior Management Review
- The intern(s) will be required to present monthly recaps and recommendations based on the particular focus in the current rotation to the Sr. Mgt team
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Interpersonal skills: effectively relate to others
- Call adaptability: ability to work well with other teams, locally and globally
- Effective time management
- Adaptability: the ability to manage multiple activities
- Critical thinking: the ability to analyze and evaluate data and situations and take action accordingly
- Initiative: your learning is as much about your passion to learn as to what is being taught
- Receptiveness: open to feedback as a means of better understanding and execution
How to Apply
Please upload a cover letter and resume below as a .pdf, .doc or .zip file and then click submit.